Did you know.....
- that a peach and nectarine are identical fruits, with
one gene different - for smooth or fuzzy skin
- that apples contain an antioxidant that fights cancer
- that there are over 1 million blossoms per acre in our
high density apple orchards each spring
- that we pick raspberries for over 4 months
- that fruit buds do not experience windchill on those
bitterly cold days
- that pears should be picked firm-green and "after-ripened"
in a cool place for 6 weeks to prevent soft cores
- that trees that grow from the seeds of fruit will not
be like their parents - grafting is required to keep the variety true to name
- that dwarf apple trees actually produce larger fruit
than their semi-dwarf cousins
to Home |